Jump to content

How to ReFile when the change carries forward


Recommended Posts

I am filing income tax for my daughter-in-law as I have in the past. She comes from Manitoba but married my son in 2018 and became a Saskatchewan resident that year. She also graduated with a degree from the U of Saskatchewan that year making her eligible for a Saskatchewan graduate retention tax credit. Unfortunately, we just noticed this as we started preparing her 2020 tax return.

After contacting CRA, she was told that she could just re-file her 2018 and 2019 returns to reflect the change.

Using Ufile 2018, I opened her 2018 return, made the change and then figured out how to turn on the refile mode to re-file her 2018 income tax with the change.... so far so good.

What I can figure out is how to carry forward this information from her re-filed 2018 return in order to re-do her 2019 return as this Sask Graduate retention tax credit is something you carry forward for multiple years. The form I need to use is RC360.

Any ideas or suggestions are most welcome.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I've figured this out on my own... I see that there is a SK428 form for showing unused amounts from previous years. It looks like I just need her notice of reassessment from her re-filed 2018 return and then I should be able to use that 'unused amounts' form to carry forward on the 2019 (and 2020) form.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...