Jump to content

Retiring allowance, where to report ?


Recommended Posts


I received a Retiring allowance (due a judicial settlement) after 2 years of my contract termination. 

The company paid me withholding only provincial and federal taxes. Employment Insurance premiums and Canada Pension Plan contributions was not retained.

The company did not give me the Tax slips. As we do not are on good relations, I am having trouble to get any answer from them.

I put the values like a T4, filling only federal and provincial taxes and the total amount received. Should I report those values like a T4 or should I report on some other place ? Ufile is saying that CPP cannot be zero (I left blank). But I think for this case, CPP and EI are zero because they are not supposed to be retained from severance payments.

Anyone could give me some thoughts about it ?

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...