Français

Information from previous year (name, address, etc.) not carried over to 2021 form like it did in previous years - a problem here?

djjcarroll

Tuesday, April 05, 2022, 8:24 a.m.   - I just opened up the Ufile 2021 tax form. In previous years when I did this all my basic data is carried over to the next year's form, in this case from 2020 to 2021 Ufileform. This did not happen to me when I opened the form up today.  It's no big deal to renter all that data but where Ufile in prior years did automatically carry over selected data, I am wondering if something is amiss with this year's setup. I also received error message like many other did recently plus I also find things very slow compared with previous years.  

Anyone experiencing what I have seen?

Tuesday, April 05, 2022, 10:19 a.m.   I just called UFile Support and they gave me these instructions and they seemed to work. I now have selected data from my 2020 UFile file form imported to the 2021 form.  Follow instructions carefully, especially the "delete" section.

Hello,
Thank you for contacting UFile support

Please follow these steps:
o Log in in your account
o Open 2020 tax file
o Go to the Tax return OF 2020 module and download the file in PDF
o Click on Settings on the right top corner and Save and close the file
o Log in in your account
o Go to 2021 tax year and click on DELETE (please make sure you do not delete the 2020)
o Enter your password to confirm the delete
o Exit the account
o Sign in again
o create 2021 then click on Launch 2021 tax year; it should have the information