Français

Capital Gains History

Sammym123

I have encountered a warning for Capital Gains History. Warning - Federal Capital Gains history - The amount of capital gains deductible claimed

in prior year is greater than the amount of eligible taxable capital gain.  The eligible taxable gains from prior years cannot be lesser than capital gains

deduction claimed"

On my file , under other capital gains (losses) history, Year in which capital gains exemption was claimed and amount - the amount shown related to

taxation year 2008 or earlier.  

Can anyone advise if I can just remove the amount from the history since this is over 10 years?  I have asked tech support from Ufile but have not

heard from them yet.

Thanks.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:07 PM, Sammym123 said:

I have encountered a warning for Capital Gains History. Warning - Federal Capital Gains history - The amount of capital gains deductible claimed

in prior year is greater than the amount of eligible taxable capital gain.  The eligible taxable gains from prior years cannot be lesser than capital gains

deduction claimed"

On my file , under other capital gains (losses) history, Year in which capital gains exemption was claimed and amount - the amount shown related to

taxation year 2008 or earlier.  

Can anyone advise if I can just remove the amount from the history since this is over 10 years?  I have asked tech support from Ufile but have not

heard from them yet.

Thanks.

I am getting the same warning message and cannot figure out the issue. any news from tech support?

On 4/7/2022 at 12:07 PM, Sammym123 said:

• 2 weeks later...