Français

False Warning: "Your RRSP contribution exceeds your deduction limit"

George99

For Contributions to an RRSP or PRPP/VRSP,  I keep getting warning:

"Your RRSP contribution exceeds your deduction limit by more than $2,000.
The government will assess monthly penalties of 1% on your overcontribution. Click here to review your data."

even though the amount I entered in "RRSP or PRPP/VRSP deduction to use in 2021" box matches the 2021 limit .

The software didn't have problem calculating the preliminary return, but I can't get rid of this warning message. Is this a bug or I'm missing something?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 2:07 PM, George99 said:

For Contributions to an RRSP or PRPP/VRSP,  I keep getting warning:

even though the amount I entered in "RRSP or PRPP/VRSP deduction to use in 2021" box matches the 2021 limit .

The software didn't have problem calculating the preliminary return, but I can't get rid of this warning message. Is this a bug or I'm missing something?

I entered 2022 first 2 months contribution, just $200 over my 2021 RRSP contribution room, then I got the same warning to stop transmit my claim 2021 income tax online to CRA. If I tried to remover the extra $200 from my total contribution in the first 2 months of this year, then it is ok to send electronically. 

IT IS DEFINITELY A BUG IN YOUR SOFTWARE!!!