Jump to content

T3 Slip


Recommended Posts

Thanks for your reply and yes it made me understand what is happening. In my case, CRA re-assessed the tax return for previous year and did not consider that amount is added to my income, they added it again to my husband's income and made me pay taxes on this. How can I get that money back from CRA?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

File a T1 Ajustment and quote the tax regulation 82(3) transfer. The problem is with CRA and the way the banks send the T3 information to CRA. The slips are matched to the tax returns by a program and it spits out any differences for review. Someone at CRA that was doing a review of the file did not have the appropriate experience with that transfer rule. CRA no longer bothers with looking at understanding the situation and employees are told to just reasses and let the taxpayer call to get it fixed. Here is a link to the form https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/forms/t1-adj.html


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...