Français

Error: You entered CPP contributions on a T4 but reported QPP pensionable earnings

MVM

Have the error message above and can’t file using netfile.

I do live in quebec and work for the feds.

received two T4 and one RL1

first half of  the year work was bases in ON and second  half of the year work was based in QC. 

any insights will be appreciated 

thx

2 hours ago, TheTaxSmith said:

Look carefully at the selections for T4s. You will see one for working in Quebec with QPP deductions and another for CPP deductions. Select the correct slip that matches the slips you received.

Hi, im using the cra autofill and quebec download option. These use Quebec with CPP deductions but even it i delete them and manually input using the QPP deductions option i still have same error. Any further insights will be appreciated.  thx  

Look carefully at the selections for T4s. You will see one for working in Quebec with QPP deductions and another for CPP deductions. Select the correct slip that matches the slips you received.

Hi, im using the cra autofill and quebec download option. These use Quebec with CPP deductions but even it i delete them and manually input using the QPP deductions option i still have same error. Any further insights will be appreciated.  thx  

Never use Autofill and in particular when you are a Quebec resident. It creates many problems and actually takes more time. I speak from experience by doing almost 1k returns in a season. Autofill is just a waste of time and created to make things look simple. Delete the slips and go back and enter them manually. When you entered for the T4 with a corresponding RL1 slip did you use the Quebec if different boxes on the right for the RL1 slip? Look for data entry for all slips for an entry that is for QPP and for QPP pensionable income.  Look also for CPP and CPP pensionable income. Somewhere you have entered on the same slip, also looking at Quebec if different options, an amount for QPP and and entry for CPP. Also look at the province of employment box you have entered for each slip.

Never use Autofill and in particular when you are a Quebec resident. It creates many problems and actually takes more time. I speak from experience by doing almost 1k returns in a season. Autofill is just a waste of time and created to make things look simple. Delete the slips and go back and enter them manually. When you entered for the T4 with a corresponding RL1 slip did you use the Quebec if different boxes on the right for the RL1 slip? Look for data entry for all slips for an entry that is for QPP and for QPP pensionable income.  Look also for CPP and CPP pensionable income. Somewhere you have entered on the same slip, also looking at Quebec if different options, an amount for QPP and and entry for CPP. Also look at the province of employment box you have entered for each slip.

You nailed it! Thank you! I've deleted the whole 2021 file and created a new one from scratch, entered values manually rather than autofill and worked like a charm! 

Much much appreciated!