Français

Error showing "both field should be filled" for T4A form in ufile.ca

Ars

When I deleted T4A entry while filing 2020 tax return, the ufile.ca did not detect any error. It was just $45 lump sum payment at line 180. It is shame, but no choice. Hope revenu canada would correct it and not fine me for not reporting. I would stop using ufile.ca, although I have for tax year 2021 as well

Hello Ars,
If you deleted an item in your tax return, then simply add the item back correctly and ReFILE your tax return. 

Instructions for ReFIle are below:

To use this secure service, you must be signed up and registered with CRA's My Account. 

If your tax return was successfully submitted, please go to the « NetFile » tab 5.

Click on the "Federal submission" section, left side of the screen. On the Federal submission page, click "Ready for Re-FILE".

NOTE: A new page "CRA ReFile" will appear in the left menu of the "Interview" tab 2.

Select the section from the Left-side menu of the INTERVIEW section, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode".

Follow the instructions on the page.  Make the appropriate changes to your file.

VERY IMPORTANT!  You cannot update your marital status, address, direct deposit or email address by using the service ReFILE.

Click "Review" tab, then click "NETFILE" tab.

Tick the box "I agree with the ReFILE Terms and Conditions and Private Notice".

Click "ReFILE my return now!".

You will receive an acceptance (confirmation) or rejection message. If your file is rejected, make the appropriate corrections and REFILE again. 

Repeat for Québec (if applicable).