Jump to content

How to Report 50% share of Self-Employment with Dependent Son


Recommended Posts

My dependent son with a disability operated his own self-employment maintenance and landscape business in prior years and reported 100% of income, expenses, etc., on the Ufile T2125 screens.  He became more disabled in 2022 and I (head of household) took on 50% of the work for the year for 50% of the income after expenses.  How do we each report this income in the Ufile for Windows program?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello TerryB3202,

You will create a Self Employment Income T2125 in both your files and enter "Co-ownership"  for the question "Type of ownership of the business" .

You will also have to indicate 50% for the question "Your share (%) of ownership if other than 100%" . You will enter the total amounts in each file and the the program will automatically calculate the amounts (income and expenses) at 50%. 

Under the heading "Partners" you must select "Other partner of co-owner of this business" , and fill in the page in both T2125.




Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...