Français

Filing for Family Members

Kate P

In past years, I have filed for myself and my spouse using ufile online and autofill.  My parents have done the same using their own ufile account.   I have recently become the authorized representative ('represent a client') for my father,  and my mother passed away this year,  so I also am also her authorized representative with the CRA 'represent a client' purposes.

I want to use the autofill function for both of my parent's returns for the 2022 filings.   

I don't know which ufile product to use with respect to my parents returns.    Can I renew their usual ufile online account and somehow retrieve their autofill info as a representative?  Or do need to purchase the Pro version?

Thanks

If you can log into your respective parents CRA accounts, I don’t see why auto fill would not work. If your mothers return is a final return, you will have to print it out and mail it in. You cannot Netfile a final return. Ufile handles linked returns, with a deceased spouse perfectly.