Jump to content

Which CCA Class shall I choose when filling my return?


Recommended Posts

Hey, guys, It is my first time to post a question in this great community since I use Ufile 2 year ago. Read a lot of very nice advice from here though...

I bought a condo as my principal residence from 2017-2020 and then rented out until sold in 2022. I filled T776 for the rental portion of 2022 and now came down to CCA part under T776. Here are my questions as following:

1. Which CCA class shall I choose, Class 1 (4%) or Land - non depreciable property? it was a condo unit in a residential/commercial conbined building.

2. "To whom the CCA should be allocated" includes: business level, partner lvl, and for the rental portion only. Which one shall I select? 

Anything else to be noted besides the above 2 when filing such a property sale in tax return is greatly appreciated as well.

Many thx!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone has some straightforward thoughts? I also read from other postings that suggests to call BC assessment for land/building breakdowns. What if BC assessment couldn’t give out such breakdowns for a condo? Is there any standard accepted criteria for proportion to apply CCA ie. 80% of ttl property value? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...