Jump to content

Taxable Benefits - Dental/Health Premiums - add to QC return? Where?


Recommended Posts


My partner moved to QC while working (remotely) in Ontario. She received this letter, regarding coverage of Health and Dental Premiums. 

Taxable benefits are "not reported on your T4 slip. You are therefore responsible to add the following amount on your 2002" QC income tax return. 

I don't exactly know where in Ufile Windows I file that value. Does anyone else know? 


20230407_124913-min-min-min - min.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good day,

You need to create a T4 / RL-1 page in your partner's Interview.
You fill it as shown below by the green arrows.


In Box A and Box J you enter the amount shown on the letter.

As the premiums paid by your partner's employer are a taxable benefit in Quebec, the amount is eligible as medical expense.
The amount shown in Box J will be shown in the list of medical expenses for the Quebec return.

Note that the 9% sales tax mentionned in the letter is not the QST (Quebec Sales Tax).
It is the tax that applies to insurance contracts.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...