Jump to content

T4A box 048

Joe Wang

Recommended Posts

I have a T4A box 048 income (fees for service), I filled out in the Box048 at T4A Pension, retirement...and also in T2125 business box 048. then it shows errors:

The amount in box 048 of the T4A slip must also be reported within the corresponding business as self employment income...

But I did fill out both places, but it still doesn't work...


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I exactly followed the instruction below and filled out box048 in two different places T4A and T2125. and it still doesn't work...Anybody can help me? 




Hello MMD,

According to the CRA Guide, box 028 of the T4A slip allows you to enter any other amount which may be declared elsewhere on a T4A slip or any other.

However, payment for services must be reported under Box 048 of the T4A.

You have received a T4A with the amount shown in box 028; we suggest you contact the issuer of the slip for a verification in that regard.

To enter this amount, please follow the steps below:

1. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select the "Interview setup".

2. On the screen to your right, go to the "Pension" group and check "Pension income, other income and split pension income (T4A, T4A (OAS), T4A (P), T4A-RCA, T4RSP, T4RIF, T1033)" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3. Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select the "Pension income, T4A". On the right-side page, choose the option "Pension, retirement, annuity, and other income".

4. If payment is not related to a service, go to the page entitled "T4A - Pension, retirement, annuity and other income", and select the line "Other information (click on the triangle to see the list of choices) (A payment of fees for services under code 028 should be entered in Box 048)". In the drop-down menu, choose "(028) Other income".

5. However, if the payment is for services rendered, you entered the amount in Box 048 and in this case, return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" and select "Interview setup".

6. On the screen to your right, go to the "Self-employed" group, check "Self-employed business income" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

7. Then, select "Self-employment income" in the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab".

8. On the screen to your right, choose "T2125 - Business income" or any other option that applies most to your work.

9. Complete the "T2125 - Business identification" page and then on the next page "Income, expenses", enter the amount from box 048 of your T4A slip on the line "Fees for services (T4A Box 048)". If you have expenses, enter them in the boxes that correspond to their description.

For Quebec residents, if the amount in Box O of the RL-1 with an RZ code differs from the amount shown on the T4A slip, click on the "Maple Leaf" icon of the corresponding box, and a new box will be displayed where you can enter the amount for Quebec. This box will only be displayed if you have entered the federal amount first.

However, if no amount has been recorded with the code RZ on your RL-1, we suggest you contact the payer or the issuer of the slip to determine where he entered this other income amount.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...