Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

can't find T2200 form for "employment expense"

cchen_2000

I need to fill "T2200" form for my employment expenses. I followed such steps:

1. ticked "employment expenses" in "interview setup" page and clicked "Next"

2. choose "employment expenses" from left panel, and only multiple of T777 forms(6 entries), T2L form(2 entries) and one legal fees entry available. I can't find a single T2200 entry there.

Did I miss anything? BTW, I bought Ufile 2019 windows standard version.

Regards,

Cheng

Hi theycallmejosh, The employer must complete the form "Declaration of conditions of employment", namely federal form T2200 as well as form TP-64.3 for Quebec residents, so that the employee can deduct the employment expenses from his income.

The employee does not have to file this form with his tax return. However, he must keep it in his files in order to provide it upon request.

The employee must also enter in the program all the information contained in this form, so that the program can generate federal form T777 federal - and Quebec form TP-59 for Quebec residents - and carry over the amounts in the relevant fields of the return.

To claim employment expenses using the program, please follow the steps below:

1. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".

2. On the page appearing on the right, go to the "Employment and other benefits" group, check the box "Employment expenses" and click "Next" at the bottom of this page.

3. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Employment expenses".

4. Choose the type of employment expenses that relates to your situation. Then fill in the sections "Employment conditions" and "Employment conditions - Quebec" to indicate your conditions of employment at the federal and provincial levels respectively.