Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


UFile Support
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by Gaetan

  1. Hi Falcon, Schedule 7 is used to calculate refundable portion of Part I tax, aggregate investment income and income from an active business carried on in Canada for the small business deduction. To generate Schedule 7 in UFile T2, please follow the steps below: 1.In the left section of your screen click on the section "Income source". 2.In the drop down menu select "Other property income" and enter the information concerning the income from other property on the right hand side of the screen. Schedule 7 will then be available on the Tax return tab in the client copy.
  2. Hi, Don't worry, you will not be asked to pay again.
  3. Hello Aahuja, The version that will allow you to send a December 2017 year end will be available next week. Thank you for your patience.
  4. Hi Walter, Please contact the Support group as they may have to see a copy of the file. UFile ONLINE: help@ufile.ca UFile for Windows: support@ufile.ca
  5. Hello sarracenia, You wish to designate unused RRSP contributions made during the first 60 days of the tax year as repayment for your Home Buyers' Plan (HBP), which is authorized by the CRA. You also contributed to your RRSP during the rest of the tax year. However, the program allows only the entry of the total balance of unused contributions as shown on line B of the taxpayer's Notice of Assessment. Moreover, federal Schedule 7 contains no line to indicate the unused contributions made in the first 60 days of the tax year that you wish to designate as a repayment unde
  6. Hi everybody, If you’re experiencing issues because of Silverlight, please try accessing UFile T2 in a different web browser. We recommend the latest version of Internet Explorer. Please take note that UFile T2 does not work with Edge.
  7. Hello One thought, Depending of their income in the last years, the software will use the necessary credits for each year. We suggest that you contact the CRA at 1-800-959-7383 for more information.
  8. Hello eastside, Certain criteria’s are required in order to use UFile T2. For more information about "Who can use UFile T2" and the list of the support forms, please view the link below. Who can use UFile T2 http://www.ufile.ca/products/who-can-use-ufilet2 Supported forms http://www.drtax.ca/en/ufilet2/features-t2/forms-t2.aspx UFile T2 does not support Non-profit organization However, we do offer DT Max, our professional line of software, that is designed to help you prepare these types of tax returns. For more information on DT Max, please consult
  9. Hi Soundscape, Please contact the Support group as they may have to see a copy of the file. UFile ONLINE: help@ufile.ca
  10. Hi, In order to enter information about your current year additions, follow the steps below: Please note that the land is not depreciable property. Therefore when you acquire rental property, only include the cost of the building. Your rental property may belong to class 1, 3, 6, 31 or 32, depending on what the building is made of and the date you acquire it, please visit the link provided at the end of this document. 1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the item "Rental income" and choose the subsection "CCA". 2- Choose the option that corresponds t
  11. Hi, The help menu at the left of "Maintenance and repairs (related to the units rented only)" says: Are you unsure whether a given expense is a capital expenditure or a current expense? Look at it this way: Is it improvement or maintenance? Improvement implies that the property is somehow upgraded. Maintenance is meant to return the building, room or other component to its original state or function. Improvements are capital expenditures, whereas maintenance repairs are current expenses. It's up to you to decide whether or not these are maintenance or improvement expenses.
  12. Hi Marcus, You can contact Revenu Québec (1-888-811-7362) or consult Revenu Québec's website by clicking the "Access" button under "My account" on the right of the screen: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/default.aspx
  13. Hi Kushwood, Is the house your principal residence or you get revenue from it? For more information regarding rental income, please consult the CRA website at the following link: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/rprtng-ncm/lns101-170/126/menu-eng.html http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4036/
  14. Hi xacto, This situation sometimes happen when the user has entered the Union dues amount in both the T4 and the "Annual union or Professional dues" page.
  15. Hi springfall345, Please contact the Support group as they may have to see a copy of the file. UFile ONLINE: help@ufile.ca
  16. Gaetan

    Line 296

    Hi maverick, Is it for a Foreign pension income - U S?
  17. Hi marclflr, Tee box 38* Security options benefits is already included in box 14. It is not added again to your total income.
  18. Gaetan

    Unused Capital Losses

    Hi Mark, You have capital gains in the current taxation year. However, you have sustained some capital losses in the previous years. You can request both the federal and provincial governments to have these net capital losses carried over to be applied against the current year's capital gains. To carry over these losses using the program, please follow these steps: 1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup". 2 - On the right-hand side of the screen, go to the "Other topics" group, check the box for "Losses of prior years, carrybacks". Click "Next" at the
  19. Hi, You can also refer to the CRA guides: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4002/
  20. Hello, In order to add an amount to the line 103 of the schedule 1- Net Income (Loss) for Income Tax Purposes, please follow these steps: 1-Under the QuikClik navigator, go to the NET INCOME section 2- On the screen to your right, choose the option INCOME TAX INTREST AND PENALITIES which is available in the drop down menu beside the line ADDITIONS TO NET INCOME (LOSS) AS PER FINANCIAL STATEMENTS 3-Enter the amount
  21. Hi, The QuickStart Tutorial is available in the "Start" tab. Click the "New tutorial" button. It is also available in "Help" menu. The QuickStart tutorial has been designed to ease you into the process of using the program to prepare tax returns by providing a brief overview of the basic steps involved. We encourage you to take advantage of this training resource as it only lasts a few minutes, it offers a print feature on each panel, and it is at your disposal at all times so you can run them as often as you require, at your convenience.
  22. Hi, Transmitting your own return does not mean that your spouse's or dependent's returns are automatically sent with yours as well. You must ensure that all of your family's returns are also filed, by following the same procedures for each of them. In doing so, you should receive a confirmation number for each family member, indicating that each return has been sent and received by the government. NOTE: You can verify the status of your tax return in the "NetFile" tab.
  23. Hi, The French links are in the French Community: http://community.impotexpert.ca/index.php?/topic/82285-liens-de-téléchargement/
  • Create New...