Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Yes, I activated Refile mode and I received the notices as well. I did not fill out amended only changed the information in the Tax return.
  2. I am trying to Refile T1 2019 includes T5 information and excludes immigrated to Canada date entry but the file is rejected. Does anyone know what is wrong?
  3. Hi,

    Let me know which part of the software I can include the information about Tax professional and fees.

    Thanks Marcela 


    1. Nawal


      Hi Marcela, To enter the amount of legal and/or accounting fees incurred for purposes other than the recovery of wages or salaries, please follow the steps below:

      Note: These are costs incurred for the late objection or appeal concerning a notice of assessment issued under the Tax Act on income. They are fees paid to collect a retirement allowance and expenses incurred to to make child support payments non-taxable.

      1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".

      2- In the screen to your right, scroll down to "Other topics" group and check the box "Other deduction and credits " and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

      3- Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" and select "Other deductions and credits".

      4- On the screen on your right, click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "Federal Line 23200 - Other deductions (Quebec line 250)".

      5- On the page that is generated enter the amount in the field for "Deductible legal fees incurred not related to recovery of salaries or wages".

      Bear in mind that some of the fees that are deductible on your Federal tax return may not be deductible for Quebec and vice-versa.

      If the Federal amount is different from that of Quebec, enter the Federal amount and click on the "Maple Leaf" icon. An additional field will be generated to enter the amount for Quebec. This box appears only if you previously entered a Federal amount. If you have no Federal amount, then enter ''$0.00''.

      This amount will be reported by the program on line 23200 of your Federal return and line 250 of your Quebec tax return, code 08 will be entered on line 249 of the Quebec return.

      Note: Please keep all your documents in order to provide on request to the CRA or Revenu Quebec asks for it.

  4. How can I include the information about Tax Professional and fee?
  5. Which line can I see if the self-employed have to collect CPP?
  6. Marcela

    Foreign money

    I mean..I received in 2019...
  7. Marcela

    Foreign money

    I received some money from my country in 2029 (Transfer wise) to pay my College and expenses. Do I need to inform how much I received in the T1 as a income? If yes, where do I have to inform it?
© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...