Français

Question about Printing Off UFile Online Tax Return Package and Mailing to CRA

Tom Martin

Hello, please forgive my ignorance if this is not the right place to post this. I am not sure anyone can help me, but I have a question about what should I do. A little background first, I've been using UFile Online and Netfiling my return for a few years now. Last year, my Aunt asked me if I could use UFile online to complete her 2019 tax return, which I did (about first of March), she didn't have any problems until getting a call from the CRA about early August stating that there was some fraud done on her account about late June 2020 regarding her GST/Ontario Trillium Credit Benefits as well as someone tried to collect CERB in her name (which she was not eligible for in the first place being on OAS). My Aunt's case was brought through to the CRA Fraud department and after it was settled (Late December 2020) and her GST/Ontario Trillium Benefits were going directly into her account again.

This year (2021), when I tried to NETFILE her return using UFile Online, it stated that she was ineligible to NETFILE her return this year, and her NETFILE account was locked with error message "Result: 14". She called the CRA up and we could not get a straight answer from them. The CRA Rep. had us go through some info on her return to see if it was correct, which it was, but was still locked out of her NETFILE account after talking with the CRA Rep.

My Aunt decided to mail her return this year instead and would be my first time mailing a return, as I've always Netfiled my returns. I printed off the entire Tax package including the UFile cover page, I attached her T4 slips as well as original rent receipts (which I made copies for her) and just mailed it today. I did not realize that you're only supposed to mail certain pages of the tax return to the CRA (along with T4 Slips and rent receipts)

My question is there going to be a problem with me mailing the entire tax package from UFile to the CRA (along with applicable slips, receipts)? I don't want either one of us to get into trouble with the CRA

Thank you,
Tom Martin

Hi @Tom Martin,

I doubt there should be any problem but if anything CRA will inform you.

If you would have mail your tax return again, you WILL NEED to include the slips and receipts with your tax return.

We understand that it may be difficult to determine which forms you need to send. This is why we have included "Assembly instructions" with your tax return. You will find these instructions near the end of the document.

Note: In order to see the detailed assembly instructions for a tax return that is being mailed, please follow these steps:

1. Open your tax return in UFile.
2. Click on the "Interview" tab.
3. In the "Left side menu", located on the left-hand side of the screen, click on "NetFile".
4. Then, on the right-hand side, for the questions "Will you be using NetFile to submit your federal return electronically?" and "Will you be using NetFile Quebec to submit your Quebec return electronically?" (if applicable), choose "No, I will mail it", and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
5. Click on the "Review" tab to recalculate your tax return.

You can mail your federal paper tax return to one of the following CRA Tax Centres:

http://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/where-mail-your-paper-t1-return.html

The amount in box 048 of the T4A slip must also be reported within the corresponding business as self-employment income.

blank.gif

The amount in box 028 of the T4A slip (Other income included in business income (memo)) must also be reported within the corresponding business as self-employment income.

Archived