Français

Update Descriptions - Documentation

AltaRed

There have been a number of updates to the software over the past month, but nowhere is there any description on what each of the updates actually achieved.  In the interests of transparency, many software products provide a 'revision' or 'update' report for each version.  As users of the software, we should be entitled to know what has changed in each update. It may or may not solve a reported glitch by users, or an update might affect data entry.

For example, users have reported issues with Maxback optimizations. One such report was on medical expenses not resulting in less tax. Another was on pension income splitting not being optimized requiring manual iterations to find the sweet spot. Some of these are serious shortcomings and as users of the software, we need to know what has been 'fixed' in each update and what is deficient. Confidence in this software will disappear without more transparency. C'mon UFile. You should be better than this.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been going on for years. The latest update as of now was on March 31st.

I am always waiting to the last "minute" to make and file taxes when using UFile.  Not quite yet at the point to switch to different software, but getting close. Can't really recommend the software to anyone because of this.

Considering that there really shouldn't be a lot of changes year over year I just don't understand why they keep breaking things that need fixing (at these late times).

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes it is other software upgrades which affect the EXE file. I suspect some (perhaps all) of the updates since the late Feb one are software related ones.

One example for me was Ufile would issue a bogus 'can't save due to being used in another application' and yet it did save. I finally found out it was Dropbox that was obviously monitoring all files and UFile didn't like that. As soon as I put Dropbox on pause, Ufile 'saved successfully'.    That issue went away recently...so one of the update must have addressed it BUT my issue still stands. Bloody well tell us what has changed in each update!!!!!

Archived