Français

Use of Activation Key

Jim B

I bought UFile at Walmart and went through the setup.  I then added all of my data and when I clicked on Tax Return it asked me to pay for it again with a credit card.  I don't remember it asking me for the Activation Key that I received in the box when I bought it.  Can I go back and use the Activation Key?

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2021 at 9:51 AM, Nawal said:

Hi @Jim B, yes:

1.  Go to "Settings" menu, and select "Tax return counter...".
2. Click on the "Add extra returns" button.
3. Enter your activation key, and then click "OK".

Selecting the Settings did not present with an option to select "Tax return counter". UF wants me to pay for it again, but i have a purchased product with an activation key!

HELP! Deadline is fast approaching!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2021 at 8:44 PM, Jim B said:

I bought UFile at Walmart and went through the setup.  I then added all of my data and when I clicked on Tax Return it asked me to pay for it again with a credit card.  I don't remember it asking me for the Activation Key that I received in the box when I bought it.  Can I go back and use the Activation Key?

I purchased a 4 user box from Walmart and found I needed more returns.  So went out and purchased a 12 return box and uninstalled my 4 user to give to someone else.  When i tried to installed the 12 return it remembers the activation key from the 4 return box.  I dont want that all i need is the 12 return activation key.  What do i do? Using windows 11 pro 64bit

thanks 

Jim 

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. After much frustration, I thought I would give it one more go. Finally, I noticed that in addition to an Activation Key, you are also provided with a Voucher Code on a different card in the box that you buy at the store. I typed that Voucher Code in on the payment screen, and "Voila!" I was in business! Hope that helps others of you out there experiencing the same dilemma.