Français

Election to stop contributing to CPP on self-employed income

MDG

Control election to stop contribution to CPP on self-employed income is not turning off.

Followed all the instructions:

As a self-employed individual, if you do not wish to contribute to the CPP, please follow the steps below:

1- On the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the "Controls" option. 

2- On the "Canada Pension Plan" section, under "If you had employment earnings:", go to the question "Did you make a CPT30 election in 2019?". If you had both employment income and self-employment income in 2018 and wanted to elect to stop paying CPP contributions in 2018, answer "Yes" from the drop-down menu, then enter the election date.

3- On the section, "If you had self-employment income (see help?)", go to question "Did you want to stop contributing to the CPP on self-employment income?".

4- For the question, "If you answered Yes to the question above, enter the election date (01-mm- 2019 )

There is an additional question: Did you make an election in prior years to stop contributing to CPP?  I answered yes to this. nothing happened.  I shifted the yes to blank. nothing happened.

Anybody have any thoughts on how to rectify this problem?

Hi there

I asked this question, so maybe this thread will help.

I ended up having to write to support and they sent me a screen print to show me what to say.  They said to put NO in the last box, about filing a prior election.

Eventually, I did get it to work.