Français

UFile Online: 2020 carryforward data not carrying forward to 2021

ShanD

The ending balances for the 2020 tax data in Ufile Online aren't carrying forward to the Ufile 2021 Online tax file for one of the members of my family. I've been using the online program since 2010 and this issue has never occurred.  When I talked to support, I was told to re-launch my 2020 file, save the pdf, then delete my 2021 tax file and launch a new one.  They said this works for most people, but it didn't for me.  I see old messages on the forums from past years where people have had similar issues.  Has anyone found a different resolution to this for current tax year?   Both of the support people I spoke with either led me to the solution above that isn't working for me, OR, just told me to "wait it out" because the online program is updated daily to reflect bug fixes.   I realize I can enter this information manually, but this return has A LOT to carryforward, and of course I'd like to avoid this.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

23 hours ago, ShanD said:

The ending balances for the 2020 tax data in Ufile Online aren't carrying forward to the Ufile 2021 Online tax file for one of the members of my family. I've been using the online program since 2010 and this issue has never occurred.  When I talked to support, I was told to re-launch my 2020 file, save the pdf, then delete my 2021 tax file and launch a new one.  They said this works for most people, but it didn't for me.  I see old messages on the forums from past years where people have had similar issues.  Has anyone found a different resolution to this for current tax year?   Both of the support people I spoke with either led me to the solution above that isn't working for me, OR, just told me to "wait it out" because the online program is updated daily to reflect bug fixes.   I realize I can enter this information manually, but this return has A LOT to carryforward, and of course I'd like to avoid this.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Hi,  I just realized this as well.  There are carry over education amounts from previous years for 2 of our children that I noticed on their NOA's from last year that didn't carry forward to this year's return.  I only noticed this AFTER I netfiled 😪  So now unsure about next steps...wait and see if CRA grants the amounts when they assess my and my wife's returns or try to amend my return pro-actively.    This is very disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

SOLUTION:

The solution posted in John Wiernikowski's post above worked both for mine and my relative's 2021 UFile Online tax files. John, thank you for posting, even though that solution didn't work for you. Hope you get it solved.

Here are the exact steps I took:

1) Delete the 2021 tax file

2) Open the 2020 tax file. Go to tab 4 (Tax return)

3) Download the 2020 tax return in PDF

4) Click "Settings" in top right corner, click "save & close"

5) Create the 2021 tax file. Wait for it to load for a minute or so.

6) Click "start new" file.

All personal data, dependants, carry forward amounts were rolled forward.

• 1 month later...

I waited 7 weeks for reply from ufile to my problem I filed with them but got none. Faced with June 15 2022 deadline, I proceeded with AnnaT's solution above and it appears to have worked (list of tax slips from 2020 now there).

But I am now forced to pay for 2021 a second time before I can see the return. I will be asking ufile for a coupon for next year.

I ended up emailing ufile in April and they were quick to respond on the following day and suggested the same solution as AnnaT's, so I tried and it prompted me to pay again. I told ufile that this solution prompted me to pay again, and they just gave me a coupon code so I didn't need to pay again.  @gowestco I think they may also refund for your duplicate payment.  I saw it somewhere that they can do refunds.