Français

Using netfile for family members' returns

WallyM

Hello WallyM,

You can use Netfile.

NOTE: Do not exceed 20 returns because of CRA restrictions on the number of returns that personal tax software can produce. The CRA has determined that a limit of 20 returns, whether printed or filed using NETFILE, is appropriate and sufficient for a NETFILE software product. This will allow even a large family to share one software product to prepare and file their tax returns. The CRA has asked that all software developers respect this limit in order to be certified for NETFILE.

If you are a low volume tax preparer preparing between 20 and 100 returns, learn more about UFile PRO at www.ufile.ca/PRO

https://secure.drtax.ca/ufileshop/2022/storespec.asp

Thank you very much for your quick response. I have been using netfile for all the returns I do for many years without any issue. When I recently read the CRA website about netfile vs efile it sounded like I should be using efile for all returns except my own. I appreciate you clarifying this for me.