Français

Unable to file Error 10 and received this message

Result:10

The Canada Revenue Agency was unable to process your return. The transmission contains invalid or missing data: Given Name (If you do not have a given name, enter the letter X instead.), Second Name (If you do not have a second name, enter the letter X instead.), Family Name If you are unable to resolve the issue, for you to receive all the benefits and deductions to which you are entitled and to verify our validations , the Canada Revenue Agency needs you to file a paper return and attach all pertinent slips and receipts. The Canada Revenue Agency regrets the inconvenience.

Anyone have any insight on this?  I was filing my 2021 taxes ( I know I'm behind) successfully filed 2020 two weeks ago.  This year was the first year I did gig work so assumer I messed up something in the self-reporting income. Any help is appreciated

Hello mHad,

As the message indicates there is an issue in your data entry for your identification.  Please check the entries.

Of note, you can also print and mail the tax return.

In Tab 4, at the bottom of the screen, select the PDF Icons :

[PDF] Federal Print

[PDF] Quebec Print <- - - - IF in Quebec

FYI – for the entire tax return:

[PDF] Download PDF

image.png

Then depending on your PDF reader, eg. Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft EDGE; you can save to:

*desktop, downloads, file directory

*external device such as external hard drive, USB key, cloud drive

~~~~~~~For the Tax Return Instructions~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>Tax Return (tab 4)

T1 comparative summary

TP1 comparative summary

Assembly instructions p1  <- - - HERE

Assembly instructions p2

You only need to send to CRA those pages with [CRA] printed on the top left hand corner.

CRA - Address:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/where-mail-your-paper-t1-return.html

RQ - Address::

https://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citizens/income-tax-return/filing-your-income-tax-return/filing-your-income-tax-return-by-mail/