Français

T4 & RL-1 Issue with pensionable earning.

shanzzie01

We used to live in Quebec, moved back to Ontario in July 2017.  

I've received my tax slips (T4 & RL-1) as I have for the past 10 years.  Never had an issue until today with filing.

In the navigation, I chose T4 and RL-1 Income earned in Quebec with QPP contributions.

I enter the amount shown on my t4 box 26 (CPP/QPP pensionable earnings), which is the same as the amount on the RL-1 box G (Salaire admissible au RRQ).

I've entered the province as Quebec, it asks me for both box14 and box A which show employment income on the T4 and RL-1 for federal and Quebec.

When all is said and done and I click on review, I get a message:

Pensionable earnings on T4 exceed the amount of T4.  I've entered the number exactly as shown, it's a dual entry on one line in the Ufile Program for both boxes.

I have no amount in box 16 of the T4 (Employee's CPP Contribution), only an amount in box 17 (Employee's QPP Contributions).

due to this message/error, the program will not allow me to file electronically.  I have never had this issue before, can someone please advise.

Thanks,

Thanks Antoine7.

I decided to delete and redo the file and it still gives me the same error, but now tells me I can file.

And yes, box G is greater then box 14, which is normal, as QC adds employment income with the amount in box J (employee paid premiums for private insurance plan) on the

RL-1.    :) 

• 1 year later...
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, shanzzie01 said:

Thanks Antoine7.

I decided to delete and redo the file and it still gives me the same error, but now tells me I can file.

And yes, box G is greater then box 14, which is normal, as QC adds employment income with the amount in box J (employee paid premiums for private insurance plan) on the

RL-1.    :) 

Curious to know how this issue turned out as I had the same problem last year and ended up printing out and submitting by mail. Thank you.

Archived