Français

Issue with T4 and REL1 Box J

Michael86

Hello,

I am trying to determine why Box J of the REL 1 does not appear on the T4 for entering the amount. I found a written response online and I was also emailed this:

To enter the amount in Box J of the RL-1 slip, please follow these steps:

1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the item "T4 and employment income".

2- On the screen to your right, click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "T4 and RL-1 (Relevé 1) income earned in Quebec with QPP contributions".

3- On the page that appears, enter the amount in Box J.

The issue is that there is NO BOX J on the "T4 and RL-1 (Relevé 1) income earned in Quebec with QPP contributions" T4.

I then called and after 2.5 hours finally got through to an agent (after having to call again after the call timed out) and still have no solution.

The tax software then creates a REL 1 that DOES NOT MATCH my actual REL 1 form as Box J is empty. I am looking for a solution!

Does anyone know if this would create more or less tax owing?

A blank screenshot is attached.

Thank you,

Michael

Untitled.png

According to your screen shot, you are using the non-resident version of the T4/Rel 1/ QPP form. Box J would not be relevant if you are filing your income tax in a province other than Quebec, so that probably explains its absence.

Archived