Jump to content

Students file free regardless of their income


Recommended Posts

Since 2012, in Ufile online, I have always been the Family head with a spouse and dependant.

My husband just started school in a post-secondary institution so next year he will be eligible to file for free but he must be designated as the Family Head.

How would I go about to change this without messing up any information that are transferred from year to year?



Link to comment
Share on other sites


Please note that there is no automatic way to do this; you must create each file manually for each person. Remember to report any amount that may be carried forward. These carryforwards are generally featured on the Notice of Assessment they received in the previous year, or under the "Tax return" tab, on the "Summary of carryforward amounts" page from the previous year.

You can delete a family member from your file by following this procedure:

Under the tab "Interview", on the line "Family head" or the first person, select the person you want to remove and click "Delete selected" which is located to the right on this line.

This operation will delete this person's file from your family file from this tax year onward only. Previous years will not be affected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...