Jump to content

Refile T777


Recommended Posts


I submitted my 2017 Tax receipt but have to adjust my employment gas amount(s). I submitted the T777 twice for 2 cars but the gas number is wrong. How to I re-file this properly as I don't know the line item that should be used for this - or do I just re-calculate the total gas number and subtract it from the total employment expenses.

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello captaincrash,

The ReFILE service is not available in UFile 2017 will probably be available in UFile 2018.

If you wish, you can also amend your tax return online by using "My Account" on the CRA website.

NOTE: It is recommended that you keep your previously filed tax return, and prepare separately an amended tax return based on the changes you make. Print this amended tax return and compare it with your original tax return. Take note of the line numbers that are affected, as you will need them when completing your adjustment request.

To do so, please follow these steps:
1- In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", click on "Interview setup".
2- On the page that appears to the right, scroll down to the "Other topics" section, check the box for "Adjustment request for a tax return that has been filed" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
3- Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Adjustment request" at the bottom of the list and, on the right-hand side of the screen, click on the plus "+" symbol to the right of the form you need, either "T1-ADJ adjust a federal tax return" or for Quebec residents "TP-1.R adjust a Quebec tax return".
4- Select the "Taxation year" you want to correct from the drop-down menu to your right, and then enter the relevant information.
5- For the question "Line number of the jacket regarding the the adjustment", choose the one that applies from the drop-down menu. Then, on the next two lines, enter respectively the amount that was claimed on the original tax return, followed by the revised amount to be claimed on the amended tax return.
6- If you have multiple lines to correct, click on "+ Add another" to add additional lines.
7- If you have additional information or explanations, fill out the bottom section. If needed, attach a separate sheet with your adjustment request by recording the necessary information. If applicable, provide also the corresponding line number for the credit.
9- Once you have completed your adjustment request(s), click on the fourth tab "Tax Return".
10- Double check to make sure the adjustment request(s) are completed correctly. Then, click on the "Print" icon, choose the option "Selected pages" and on the list to the right, select the pages to print, i.e. the form T1-ADJ (federal). Click on the button "Start printing".

Be sure to sign your request(s) and provide all supporting documents.

The CRA will send you a Notice of Reassessment once your adjustment request has been processed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...