Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Separated - 2 children, equivalent to spouse & daycare


Recommended Posts

Here's my scenario:

Separated for all of 2018, with two children under 18, shared custody (50-50).  One has daycare expenses of which I pay half. 

Both myself and my ex pay child support payments to each other (not an offset).  No alimony.

I understand that we can each claim one of the children to both benefit from tax breaks and is allowable to designate that one child for the spousal equivalent deduction.  My questions are a) how do I do that in ufile?  and b) if I claim the one without the daycare, can I still somehow add the other, not claim as a dependant but still put in for my 50% of the daycare costs. And how do I do that?

Any guidance greatly appreciated!


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

This is great that I can set controls. Thank you  

The second part of my question however is am I able to still claim daycare for a child I am not claiming as a dependent?  I don’t want to mess up anything if my ex claims that child as a dependent however we both have a portion of daycare costs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...