Français

Installing UFile Pro with UFile CVITP

I am a professional tax preparer and also volunteer with CVITP.  This year, when I try to install PRO on my computer, even though it is being installed under a different administrator login, it wants to uninstall CVITP version.  I have run both versions for several years and don't know why I am having this problem now.  I have repeatedly emailed UFile per their instructions and I only get electronic responses with links to topics that don't help me at all.  I have been doing this now for over a week and am so frustrated with the poor customer service and lack of being able to connect with someone who can help me, I am ready to quit using the PRO version.  Can anyone help me!!!

On 3/15/2019 at 4:28 PM, Jeanette Abbott said:

I am a professional tax preparer and also volunteer with CVITP.  This year, when I try to install PRO on my computer, even though it is being installed under a different administrator login, it wants to uninstall CVITP version.  I have run both versions for several years and don't know why I am having this problem now.  I have repeatedly emailed UFile per their instructions and I only get electronic responses with links to topics that don't help me at all.  I have been doing this now for over a week and am so frustrated with the poor customer service and lack of being able to connect with someone who can help me, I am ready to quit using the PRO version.  Can anyone help me!!!

You don't have to install UFile twice. Simply start UFile on the other account and enter your PRO activation key.

17 hours ago, Jeanette Abbott said:

How will that affect the returns I am doing as a volunteer as I have a different eFiler # for that program. UFile CVITP is activated under the CVITP activation key.

If you're using a different Windows account for the PRO one, then it won't affect the returns. Under Efile-NetFile setup, make sure to select "Professional tax preparer" under "In what capacity are you preparing tax returns" and enter your EFILE credentials (EFILE number, password, etc.)

image.png.3bc4f372cfeaf974bc94a3ae6221d684.png

Archived