Français

Disability line 316- how?

VivBej

I’m doing taxes for new clients.  It’s been years the husband qualifies for line 316-disability.  It is my first year filing for them.  No matter what i enter, I don’t get line 316 in the result.  Can someone help please?  When I “fake” it and say it’s the 1st year, or when I say “Claim the disability credit”, nothing happens.  I’m really stuck.  Thanks !

Hello,

If you are a disabled person and would like to claim the disability amount for yourself, please follow the steps below:

1- In the "Left side menu on the Intrerview tab", select "Medical, disability, caregiver".

2- Then, in the page that appears on the right, click on "Infirmity and Disability amounts claim for yourself (line 316)".

3- To answer the question "Are you eligible for the disability amount on line 316?", select "Claim disability amount" from the drop-down menu.

4- If you are a Quebec resident, a second menu will be generated from which you must select "Claim disability amount".

Note that when the disability amount is being claimed for the first time, the Disability Tax Credit Certificate (form T2201) must be submitted to the CRA. You must also select "Claim disability amount (1st or new application)" from the drop-down menu at step 3 above.

Furthermore, please take note that for Quebec residents, for the first year of eligibility, you must submit Quebec form TP-752.0.14, Certificate Respecting an Impairment, to Revenu Québec and you must select "Claim disability amount (1st or new application)" from the drop-down menu at step 3 above.

If you have a spouse, any unused disability amount will be transferred to line 326 of your spouse's return.

Archived