Français

Form T691

Scottobot

NetFile rejected my federal filing with two error codes:

• Error code(s):2156 Based on the information you submitted, you may be subject to minimum tax. Please complete Form T691, Alternative Minimum Tax, in particular the Film property area.
  • Error code(s):2155 Based on the information you submitted, you may be subject to minimum tax. Please complete Form T691, Alternative Minimum Tax, in particular the Resource property and flow-through shares area.

I have no idea why it thinks I need to fill out those areas but when I go to the Minimum tax section of the interview, the dropdown option for T691 just says "Display" and selecting doesn't seem to do anything...

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

Hello,

To provide you with a fast and accurate solution to your problem, it would be very useful to access your tax file.

UFile for Windows:

1- Open UFile for Windows.
2- Click on "Help", the icon with the question mark located in the right-up corner of the program.
3- Select "Support assistant".
4- Click "Next" twice to go to page 3.
5- Enter your email address and select the category related to your problem.
6- Enter a brief description of your problem.
7- Tick the box for "
Do you want to send your tax file as an anonymous file?".
8- Click on "Submit request".

UFile ONLINE:

1. Open a UFile ONLINE session.

2. Click on "?" at the top right of the screen.

3. Select "Support request form".

4. Enter your information.

5. Make sure you tick the box "Check to authorize UFile ONLINE to VIEW your tax file".

Members of our support team will find a solution to your problem more quickly if they can review the tax information contained in your file. No need to worry about the confidentiality of the information provided.

It will be used strictly to help our support staff to solve the problem you experienced, and the temporary copy will be automatically destroyed after 72 hours.

NOTE: For confidentiality purposes, the software automatically changes your personal information in the copy of your return (name, SIN, address, phone number).

Archived