Jump to content

T4A Box 30 Patronage for Joint Account


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TucDream said:

uFile allows most T slips to be split painlessly.

I have a T4A slip from our Credit Union for a joint account with my spouse.

Do I have to split the slip manually, or am I missing how to have uFile do it for me?

Thanks much.

Hi TucDream, I've just gone in and looked at the T4A input screen on my UFile 2019 software. Specifically, I don't see any "allocate % to spouse / split feature" on this screen either, however it's interesting that your credit union would allocate both you + your spouse's patronage returns (if this is the case) to only one T4A slip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

same type of problems with a joint t5008 and T3, all initial funds were my wife's, therefore any gains are hers ??? CRA seems to indicate that both people named on the t5008 should include the info on each of their forms but only actually claim any gains based on the proportion that each contributed. When I enter on each of our forms UFILE splits the gains equally between us.there is a place to put the proportion we each contributed  Even when I put 100% on my wife's form and 0% on my  form, I get half of the gain (t3 won't even allow 0, get error message)

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...