Français

Password Reset

Jip

Stop me if you've heard this one... 😐

Misery loves company; so, I feel better that I'm clearly not alone in UFile's s***show attempt at increasing security.

I too am unable to login thanks to an endless loop: Password reset requires a security word that I have never provided--ever.  Or, I need to provide a "receipt reference number," which I don't have.  Filled out UFile's "support" request page, 3 days ago, without any type of response.  Last, but not least, called their "support" line multiple times, for a cumulative time of 2 hours, with (wait for it!) zero response... Well done UFile, well done.

@Nawal: It appears that you have been able to help several folks on this forum.  I am hoping you can also be my savior!  Please help!! 😢

Thanks!

Same issue here.

I am 100% sure of my user name and password and cannot log in or reset password because I am required to enter a security word. And I have never provided a security word!

I entered the receipt reference number, phone number, last 3 SIN numbers, etc. and still cannot reset the password. And impossible to talk to support on the phone.

Really frustrated because I may have lost all my previous years history. If so I will switch to Turbo Tax. My friends never had an issue with them.

What a shame!

Same issue here.

I am 100% sure of my user name and password and cannot log in or reset password because I am required to enter a security word. And I have never provided a security word!

I entered the receipt reference number, phone number, last 3 SIN numbers, etc. and still cannot reset the password. And impossible to talk to support on the phone.

Really frustrated because I may have lost all my previous years history. If so I will switch to Turbo Tax. My friends never had an issue with them.

What a shame!

Hi,

I am unable to reset my password. I do not have a reference number as I used this for the first time last year so it was free.

I've sent an email request to support but have not heard back. I need copies of last year taxes, can someone pls help me ASAP.

my username is happys

On 3/8/2021 at 5:50 PM, Jip said:

Stop me if you've heard this one... 😐

Misery loves company; so, I feel better that I'm clearly not alone in UFile's s***show attempt at increasing security.

I too am unable to login thanks to an endless loop: Password reset requires a security word that I have never provided--ever.  Or, I need to provide a "receipt reference number," which I don't have.  Filled out UFile's "support" request page, 3 days ago, without any type of response.  Last, but not least, called their "support" line multiple times, for a cumulative time of 2 hours, with (wait for it!) zero response... Well done UFile, well done.

@Nawal: It appears that you have been able to help several folks on this forum.  I am hoping you can also be my savior!  Please help!! 😢

Thanks!

Yup Misery is so sweet ... you know that helpless feeling when your are trapped in the digital age ..... at the mercy of some company you can't really contact ....   

I just received the password reset link. It worked. 

At the part where it asks you for receipt reference number (which you wont have), click the link to contact them below. It then will ask you for more details. Send info.

help@ufile.ca should e-mail back with a 'Request #'. In the e-mail read Option 3. Basically just reply to e-mail stating your problem. Don't change the Subject in e-mail.

Hope this helps.

Hi. Is anyone from Ufile team watching this blog? If positive please help me to log in. I know my old credentials, but most likely, I updated them to the latest security standard later on, and I lost my record of it. I followed all the steps required for resetting (including reference numbers from previous years), but still can not get access. Multiple messages that some kind of email was sent to me on my recovery email address on file never shows up (junk folder empty as well). Few days before, after half of an hour waiting, I talked on the phone with Ufile assistant. She told me that by the end of the day I can expect an email from them, but again I have not seen any.

HELP!!!  This is the second time I have sat down with all my files to do my taxes and I can't sign in.  I thought I got a new password the last time but I was too angry to do my taxes when I finally had access and now I am encountering the same problems!!!

I am waiting for an email but come on - this is ridiculous!!!  The last time I was on the phone for close to an hour too!!  What is wrong with this program???

On 3/15/2021 at 7:33 PM, JH43 said:

I just received the password reset link. It worked. 

At the part where it asks you for receipt reference number (which you wont have), click the link to contact them below. It then will ask you for more details. Send info.

help@ufile.ca should e-mail back with a 'Request #'. In the e-mail read Option 3. Basically just reply to e-mail stating your problem. Don't change the Subject in e-mail.

Hope this helps.

Followed that and in about 2 days, I got my reset link and now able to log in. Thanks JH43.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...