Français

NR4 T-Slips

GregB

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, in regards to this question I have an NR4 form that has amounts in Box 11 which is "Estate and trust income" according to CRA website and used to be reported on a T3. I cannot find any reference to this in Ufile. The only reference I can find is what you explained above.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 3:51 PM, Nawal said:

Hi @GregB, To declare this income in Canada, follow the procedure below:

1- On the left side menu on the "Interview tab", select "Interview setup".

2- On the right-hand side of the screen, check the box for "Immigrant, emigrant, non-resident taxpayer, you are a Canadian resident and your spouse immigrated to Canada in the year".  Also check the box for "Pension income, other income and split pension income (T4A, T4A(OAS), T4A(P), T4A-RCA, T4RSP, T4RIF, T1032" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3- Return to the left side menu on the "Interview tab" and choose the item "Immigrant, emigrant, non-resident".

4- On the screen to your right, choose the line "You were a non-resident of Canada for all of 2020 and you are making an election under s. 217 of the Income Tax Act".

5- On the page that appears, enter the details of your situation.

6- Return to the left side menu on the "Interview tab" and select "T4A and pension income"

7- On the screen to your right, choose "T4A(OAS) - Old age security pension income" and enter the amounts in the corresponding fields.

The program will generate Schedule C, "Electing under Section 217 of the Income Tax Act".

For more information on the NR4, please visit the following link to the CRA website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/t4061.html

Hi Nawal, how would I report the tax withheld under Box 27 on Nr4 slip when I am making an election under s.216 but do not wish to generate an old security return for non-residents (T1136)? It seems I can only input that tax there when i generate a T1136 (which i do not want to do).

• 10 months later...

Hello TLin,

For NT4 Box 17

1. In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" select "Interview setup".

2.  On the screen that appears on the right, go to the "Pension" group, check the box "Pension income, other income and split pension income (T4A, T4A(OAS), T4A(P), T4A-RCA, T4RSP, T4RIF, T1032)", and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3. Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Pension income, T4A".

4.  On the page appearing to your right, click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "T4A - Pension, retirement, annuity and other income".

4.    You use T4A Box 022 to enter the tax withheld as shown on the NR4 box 17.