Français

Climate Action Incentive

Amanda12

At what stage does it ask if you want to claim the Climate Action Incentive? I did not want to claim it as I wanted my husband to get the credit when he filed separately but it looked it it tried to claim it for both of us. How can you choose to opt out of claiming it on your return?

Thanks. Seeing it now, I realize I left it blank because I wasn't intending to claim it and it looks like it defaulted to claiming it for me. It really should force you to choose "claim" or "do not claim" if it is going to decide for you if you don't make a choice. 

• 3 weeks later...

*EDIT: All  good; I’m a dumb-ass * Please help!  My tax returns are complete but climate action incentive won't allocate to either spouse.  I've tried letting optimax calculate; I've used controls by ticking one spouse as not claiming and other spouse claiming, but neither spouse is receiving this credit!! I have no error diagnostics, just no climate action incentive for anyone!!  I really do not want to have to re-enter these returns as there is a business statement involved :(

On 4/11/2021 at 3:01 PM, I Rie said:

*EDIT: All  good; I’m a dumb-ass * Please help!  My tax returns are complete but climate action incentive won't allocate to either spouse.  I've tried letting optimax calculate; I've used controls by ticking one spouse as not claiming and other spouse claiming, but neither spouse is receiving this credit!! I have no error diagnostics, just no climate action incentive for anyone!!  I really do not want to have to re-enter these returns as there is a business statement involved :(

I'm having  the same problem.  Anyone find a solution?

I emailed support@ufile.ca a couple of days ago but haven't heard back. I then tried help@ufile.ca & no reply. I then tried online chat and was told it was unavailable. My dependent & my tax returns have been completed for a week except for me getting the climate action $150. I've tried online ufile help. i've tried random google searches (found this). I've spent an hour playing around with the interview options but can't get it to reflect properly on my return. I've confirmed I should get it per CRA. Spending a lot of time if someone can please help.

Tech support got back to me today. 

I accidentally said "Yes" in the CRA Questions at the beginning that I was "...an officer or servant of another country, such as a diplomat..." Right below it it says in bold Climate action incentive so that might have thrown people off. Make sure it says No. Scroll further down and make sure you selected your principal place of residence under Climate Action Incentive section.

At the end under Controls you selected to Claim it or Let Maxback Decide.

• 2 months later...

Found this info for the Climate action incentive

Go to the bottom of "Interview" and select the "Controls" section. On the page titled "OptiMax Controls", under "Schedule 14 - Climate Incentive" go to the line "Who Should Claim the Climate Incentive (line 449)" and from the drop-down menu choose the person who should receive this refundable credit.

• 8 months later...

Does the Climate Action Incentive calculation show up any where when you print your tax return.  In the "Controls" section under Climate Action Incentive,  I have selected "Let Maxback Decide" for both myself and my wife, but I do not see any further reference to it when I print the return. I was hoping to see some sort of confirmation that it was properly claimed, or reference to it in the official tax return submitted.