Français

Netfile Rejected

gakielly

When I filed my own taxes via netfile it was successful, but when I tried to file my wife's it was rejected. I went back and reviewed it and I think I might have skipped a box. Afterwards, I tried to do Ufile's ReFile but it wouldn't let me and kept saying under warnings "You have not completed all of the required electronic submissions. Please refer to the Filing Status to determine which submission(s) remain outstanding." It still says 'rejected' by her file and now says that I have been locked out (even though I can still log in to both Ufile and my CRA account). 

And on my CRA account, it says that my 2020 Return has been assessed - seems contradictory. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? 

1 hour ago, gakielly said:

When I filed my own taxes via netfile it was successful, but when I tried to file my wife's it was rejected. I went back and reviewed it and I think I might have skipped a box. Afterwards, I tried to do Ufile's ReFile but it wouldn't let me and kept saying under warnings "You have not completed all of the required electronic submissions. Please refer to the Filing Status to determine which submission(s) remain outstanding." It still says 'rejected' by her file and now says that I have been locked out (even though I can still log in to both Ufile and my CRA account). 

And on my CRA account, it says that my 2020 Return has been assessed - seems contradictory. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? 

I just had a similar issue. I filed my own taxes but then the confirmation told me that my wife's taxes had been submitted.  We checked on the CRA MyAccount, her taxes now seemed to have been submitted but not mine. On Ufile, it is the opposite where the software tells me mine are submitted but hers has a 'file rejected' status.  My issue now is Ufile won't let me file my own taxes anymore even if they have not been submitted. HELP!

I also have the same problem. I was recently locked out of my CRA account due to entering the password wrong too many times, but I have since then called CRA and resolved the issue. I am now using Netfile to send in my 2020 taxes but it says that my account is locked, even though I can now log into CRA just fine.

On 3/23/2021 at 3:05 PM, Nawal said:

Hi @Jen42, It is not your CRA account that is locked but your Netfile access. After several attempts it is blocked and you must contact the CRA and specify that your access is blocked.

I contacted CRA and they had indicated that there is nothing on their end that is wrong and said that I had to contact Netfile directly to get it unlocked. I was on hold for a total of 12 hours to talk to Technical Support with CRA and they were on the phone with me for a total of two hours. It's Netfile that needs to fix the issue on my end. So how do I do it?

On 3/22/2021 at 8:08 PM, gakielly said:

This is exactly what happened to us. My Netfile submission went perfect. My wife's got rejected. I checked the Netfile code and thought it was wrong so I tried it again but no diff. We contacted CRA to get her account unlocked and received a code my mail so she can get into her account. But no diff for Netfiling, still locked. Then I tried to use Ufile online suspecting that the lock was on the Ufile (Windows) end. I found out I had omitted special Netfile questions that only need to be filled out by the spouse. I was a bit annoyed that Ufile had not warned me about that the first time I tried to file. Anyway long story short: no difference, my wife is still locked out!! Yesterday we tried to contact the CRA and were on hold for little over 3 hours. This was not so bad because the CRA website had warned us about a wait of 3h. The bad part was that after 3h we got a message that due to a technical error they could not connect us and hung up.

Oh yeah, today I got a notice that my 2020 return has been assessed.

• 4 weeks later...

Renter the correct Netfile number for your spouse. It automatically take your netfile number for your wife or spouse. Go back to your wife or your spouse interview section (number 2) and click netfile and put the correct code. And wait for at least half hour before you submit again. 

Renter the correct Netfile number for your spouse. It automatically take your netfile number for your wife or spouse. Go back to your wife or your spouse interview section (number 2) and click netfile and put the correct code. And wait for at least half hour before you submit again. 

• 11 months later...
On 4/1/2021 at 8:10 AM, antoonvdr said:

I found out I had omitted special Netfile questions that only need to be filled out by the spouse. I was a bit annoyed that Ufile had not warned me about that the first time I tried to file.

I realize this is from past year but I hope you are alerted when you are quoted in a reply as I need your help.

I have not yet tried to Netfile (and so not locked out as most of this thread has become) but I do have the warning message same as others. Like you I do not have the "submission" warning in the interview or Return. Unlike you I get the warning when I advance to the Netfile tab so I am fortunate that I have the warning before trying a Netfile

"You have not completed all of the required electronic submissions. Please refer to the Filing Status to determine which submission(s) remain outstanding."

But as you know the link does not indicate where/what has not been completed. Based on your comment I reviewed and reviewed and cannot find a missing thing. I was thinking I might go ahead and Netfile anyway being as the page says the returns are ready for filing but having read this thread I am now afraid that it will just end up with us being locked out somehow and the ordeal you and others have had to go through with CRA. I only see the warning when on the Netfile tab and not when in the Return so I do suspect it is a Netfile field that is wrong like you.

Can you tell me please which question/field your spouse needed to complete? I don't know if that is our issue too but at least I can try it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 9:16 PM, EricB said:

I just had a similar issue. I filed my own taxes but then the confirmation told me that my wife's taxes had been submitted.  We checked on the CRA MyAccount, her taxes now seemed to have been submitted but not mine. On Ufile, it is the opposite where the software tells me mine are submitted but hers has a 'file rejected' status.  My issue now is Ufile won't let me file my own taxes anymore even if they have not been submitted. HELP!

Same issue, just posted earlier about having the same problem.  I was able to re-submit mine even though it said it was already submitted.  I checked my CRA account and both were submitted.

• 10 months later...
On 4/30/2022 at 1:11 PM, RayB said:

Same issue, just posted earlier about having the same problem.  I was able to re-submit mine even though it said it was already submitted.  I checked my CRA account and both were submitted.

Ok, March 2023... My netfile went through. My spouse's was rejected. Immediately received email from CRA stating both were filed successfully. Ufile still states spouses return rejected?

On 3/22/2021 at 7:08 PM, gakielly said:

Basically same issue March 2023. My return went through to CRA. When I attempted to file my spouses, it was rejected, error 16. Somehow my spouses was already filed. Received confirmation from CRA THAT BOTH are filed and received NOA for both. UFILE software continues to tell me my spouses file has been rejected. To UFILE- No one else filed my spouses return as you suggested to another member.

• 4 weeks later...

It is NOT CRA MY ACCOUNT THAT IS THE ISSUE, IT IS CRA NETFILE ACCOUNT -  If your tax return was rejected five times WHEN ATTEMPTING TO FILE your account was blocked by the CRA. You should contact the CRA NETFILE to unlock it. The phone number is: 1-(800) - 959.8281. 

Hello Rebic,

You should contact the CRA to **unlock the account ie specifically the transmission to Netfile ** and then wait at least 12 hours to NetFile. 

Please note there is a difference between CRA myaccount and the CRA Netfiling account and not all CRA agents are aware of this.

CRA Tel. : 1-800-267-6999