Français

Cannot NETFILE, No income to report/you have income to report

Heartbroken

I'm trying to submit my spouse's and my tax return but I'm stuck in a loop where it says I have no income to report, so check the No income to report checkbox. So I check that, but then it comes back and says "You checked No income to report, but you have income. Remove the incorrect income information or uncheck No income to report checkbox."

I don't have any taxable income to report... there are amounts like $0.94 and $1.19 in various boxes from interest earned on a bank account, which I wouldn't have entered myself, but it's downloaded from CRA and besides, those sources have been included in previous years with no problems.

I know I'm super late filing but what with my family dying, you know, I just haven't gotten to it. However we now desperately need our return. Please help.

16 hours ago, Heartbroken said:

I'm trying to submit my spouse's and my tax return but I'm stuck in a loop where it says I have no income to report, so check the No income to report checkbox. So I check that, but then it comes back and says "You checked No income to report, but you have income. Remove the incorrect income information or uncheck No income to report checkbox."

I don't have any taxable income to report... there are amounts like $0.94 and $1.19 in various boxes from interest earned on a bank account, which I wouldn't have entered myself, but it's downloaded from CRA and besides, those sources have been included in previous years with no problems.

I know I'm super late filing but what with my family dying, you know, I just haven't gotten to it. However we now desperately need our return. Please help.

Hi @Heartbroken  We suggest you to contact our support team at support@ufile.ca to help you with this. Thanks

• 5 months later...

I am experiencing a similar issue with my spouse's return. She has $0.37 of interest income and she is unable to file using Netfile as UFile is giving me the same messages as the earlier post; you have no income to report, check the 'No Income to report' checkbox. Followed then with "You checked No Income to Report, but you have income".  I'm stuck in the loop.

I had submitted an email to the support email in mid March and also submitted a help request using the menu within the UFile application. I haven't heard back from anyone and the latest software updates haven't fixed the problem. Please help