Jump to content

Tax educator


Recommended Posts

My adult daughter is eligible for the DTC and is financially dependent on me.

However, she does not live with me and has a different mailing address.

Can I add her as my Dependant on UFile?

The Canada Caregiver amount applies even where the dependant does not live with the Supporting Person.

I know that I am eligible. My question is whether UFile software will allow me to add her as a Dependant despite her different mailing address.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @FionaH,

You can add your dependant to your file to claim the eligible credits and only transmit your return within that file and then create a new file for your dependant as a family head to have her own different address but you cannot change your mailing address using NETFILE. Any changes to your mailing address will not be updated with your return. CRA will use the mailing address they already have on record for you. You must contact CRA to change your mailing address prior to NETFILE.

Thank you,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...