Français

Authorization form for CVITP

Aita

• 1 month later...

The federal authorization form must always be submitted from the current year’s version of UFile, even if you are doing a prior year’s return. So, UFile 2021 must be used to submit the form. After doing that, you can use any previous year’s UFile to autofill the return and file it.

• 10 months later...

Hello Kerri0731,

The CRA website is open for AFR (AutoFill your Return) from February 6, 2023. The next UFile update will be on February 16, 2023. The CRA will open their website for the electronic  transmission of tax returns on February 20, 2023.  You will be able to submit your authorization using the latest one for 2022, on February 16th, 2023.

Hello Clearwater Regional FCSS,

In order to access your  clients’ information, you must have submitted an authorization request to the CRA which is signed by the client prior to attempting to download their information.  Your authorization must be up to date in the current year, that is 2022.

You cannot use an authorization from a prior year to EFILE a tax return.

The authorization seems to be working now, but not the actual Autofill.    I am got around it, submit the authorization in Ufile, then logon to CRA Represent a Client to view the tax slips.   

When viewing the taxpayer's account, I notice some pieces not available at CRA website so I think it is their problem right now.   

The same person needed 2021 done and I was able to do Autofill for that year (after submitting the authorization request in 2022.   

Another idea - I noticed that the Ufile 2022 doesn't seem to check for updates automatically (even though I have that in my settings).  

Seems like a combination of glitches - hope it's all fixed soon!! 

• 3 weeks later...

I am also having difficulty and receiving T859 Error Code. I have followed the advice from above and submitted the Authorization from the following year, but still receive the same T859 Error Code.

This client requires her 2020 and her 2021 returns to be done. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Geo123 - Any chance you could explain in step by step manner how you submit and authorization for current 2022 and then access 2021 Ufile to retrieve data for 2021 or 2020.  I've re-submiited authoriation in Ufile 2022 and then wen back to Ufile 2021 and still get the error.