Français

Ufile Online - Cannot reset two factor authentication

Matt26

Hello, does anyone know if this request below can be actioned here? I called both phone numbers on the Ufile website, both disconnect every time I call. I've also submitted this request via the form on the Contact Us page and replied to the email I received to indicate I still require assistance with my request.

Hoping I can get this resolved this weekend 😊

Thank you!

Hello, I tried to reset two factor authentication for my account (no longer have access to the authenticator app) but the provided recovery key did not work, I am still prompted for an authentication code. I tried resetting a second time and got the message "Invalid code".

• 1 year later...

Hello JamesH,

WITH RECOVERY KEY:
Google issued you a Recovery key – it is not from UFile.
“VERY IMPORTANT! The key will only be displayed once. Write it down and keep it in a safe place. If you no longer have access to your 2FA application, you can use the recovery key to disable the option "Two-Factor authentication".”

>>Sign in to your UFile account
>>UFIle 2FA screen 
Authentication code:
  Remember this browser for 14 days?
  Don't check this box if you are using a public or shared computer.
 Reset Two-factor authentication.

*FYI –  Google recently updated  Google authenticator 2FA where you can now synchronize the recovery to your Google account. For example, next time you change mobile devices.
“We are excited to announce an update to Google Authenticator, across both iOS and Android, which adds the ability to safely backup your one-time codes (also known as one-time passwords or OTPs) to your Google Account.
https://security.googleblog.com/2023/04/google-authenticator-now-supports.html

WITHOUT RECOVERY KEY:

UFile  CPO PROCEDURE /2FA:
If you no longer have access to your mobile device OR have changed it OR 2FA no longer works AND do not have the Google Recovery Key, we will need to reset your UFile account.  
Note that Google does not have a reset available *without the recovery key*.
To reset the UFIle account we require:
1.  Your user name;
2.  The phone number to reach you;
3.   The last 3 digits of SIN of the Family Head (i.e. the first person entered in the tax file);  FOR T2 -- Last 3 digits of CRA Corporate ID / Federal  Corporation's business number
4.   A copy of your UFile purchase invoice for your taxes (this year or last year); AND Photo ID
5.  Your Postal Code
6.  The email address used to create the account. If the email address used to create the account is no longer active, please provide the new email address.

*FYI –  Google recently updated  Google authenticator 2FA where you can now synchronize the recovery to your Google account. For example, next time you change mobile devices.
“We are excited to announce an update to Google Authenticator, across both iOS and Android, which adds the ability to safely backup your one-time codes (also known as one-time passwords or OTPs) to your Google Account.
https://security.googleblog.com/2023/04/google-authenticator-now-supports.html