Français

Dependents Current Address

James0051

I have 2 dependents in University that have different address then I do as they reside near their University in another province.  UFile only has a Current Address for the one 'main' user.  When NetFile is used my dependent address on CRA get changed to my address.  Is there a way to set an address for my dependents that is different from mine?

James

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm having a similar but slightly different issue. I assumed that our dependent's address would change with ours if/when we moved since there is nowhere to input an address for the dependent. We moved provinces a few years ago and had to move addresses a few times since relocating. Last year was the first time filing a return for our dependent. He was due a small return which he never received. We had set up a my cra account, but can't input his banking information as we only have limited access as we need a security code. We tried to contact them back in the summer about the code but were told some information he gave was incorrect but they couldn't say what. With tax season upon us again I decided to look into this again. I went back into ufile and pulled up his actual return (which we hadn't previously viewed only netfiled) and his address is listed as a combination of of our address at the time of filing and our address from our previous province (a couple addresses prior). How did this happen and how can we fix it??

Hello TracyofBC,

Not sure what you mean by "Last year was the first time filing a return for our dependent. ...as a combination of of our address at the time of filing and our address from our previous province (a couple addresses prior). ".  Is it a separate file for the dependant?