Jump to content

Use T5008 or Capital gains (or losses) tab ?


Recommended Posts


Can I  input my capital gain from trading of  shares directly to the "Capital gains (or losses) and ABIL" tab  instead of using hte T5008 tab under "Interest, investment income and carrying charges" ?

the reason is that my  T5008 has combined all of my transactions of different countries (Canada, US) and translated into CAD, while the exchange rate it used doesn't seem to be correct (when I compared with on BOC rate) so I would rather input each of the gain seapartely into the Capital gains tab.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...