Français

REL-1 Box J is not there

V4D3R

I've selected the correct form to fill (T4 with QPP) but there's absolutely nowhere to put the amount from my REL-1's Box J. Not even in the dropdown.

I tried to contact customer support a few weeks ago but nobody has yet replied. I miss their online chat service.

• 1 year later...

Hello ldddll,

The amount displayed in Box J of the RL-1 slip is the amount for contributions paid by an employer under a private health services insurance plan. This benefit is included in the amount shown in Box A.

These medical expenses are for Quebec purposes only. These contributions are not taxable for federal purposes, and do not appear anywhere on the T4 slip.

To enter the amount in Box J of the RL-1 slip, please follow these steps:

1- On the left side menu of the " Interview " tab, select the item "T4 and employment income".

2- On the screen to your right, click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "T4 and RL-1 (Relevé 1) income earned in Quebec with QPP contributions".

3- On the page that appears, enter the amount in Box J.

It is not necessary to make an entry under the heading "Medical, disability, caregiver" to enter this amount, the program automatically transfers it to medical expenses for Quebec residents.

This amount will be reported by the program on line 36 of the Quebec Schedule B and, if applicable, the balance displayed on line 40 will be carried over to line 381 of the Quebec return

ID: 20211005120959CA.xml