Français

Autofill issue

taxclinic

CRA started two factor authentication and has given the option to not ask the for the verfication for next 8 hours by selecting the check box on the loging page.

Ufile browser that opens for auto fill forgets that the authentication has been done and  keeps asking for the authentication.

Any fix for this.

We have the same problem at our clinic. You say “don’t ask again for 8 hours” on the CRA site, but whatever they are storing in edge to remember that gets removed. I’m guessing UFile is clearing cookies after each autofill session, but I don’t know how to correct that behaviour. We use the passcode grid option, which is  little faster than waiting for an sms. 
interestingly, using edge outside of UFile give the expected behaviour.. it doesn’t ask for 2fa for the rest of the day, even though edge within UFile on the same day, does.

I have found a work-around...it's a bit of a kluge though.

Open uFile, start a return with anything you like. You can use all zeros for the sin but answer all the questions with a red * beside them because those are required. You can use made up data.

Select "yes" for autofill, and "yes" for already filing the authorization, even though you haven't. There is no point in filing the authorization with fake data. It won't work. Next do the autofill. Sign in, and do the 2FA stuff. Be sure to click the button to not ask for the 2FA for the next 8 hours on this device. When you get past that, minimize the web browser window (click the little - in the top right corner). That brings you back to uFile and it's still waiting to do the autofill. Force close uFile (click the X in the top right)

Leave that web browser window on the bottom of your screen and go ahead with a real tax return. You'll have to sign in as usual but it won't ask for 2FA for the next 8 hours.  You might get a message that the CRA session has expired. That's OK, Just log in again. The minimized browser does not have to remain logged in, but don't close its window.

Hope that helps,

• 10 months later...

Hello all,

I tried this feature before Feb 6th only to learn that it was not available yet.

Now I don't get the question to answer yes for autofill and there is no page for download my info in the navigation as per the documentation.

Can any one tell me how to force ufile (web) to force a CRA autofill session.  

P.S.  I have read about the 2FA  and to set not to ask for next 8 hours.

a warning like that on the interview page would be useful.

Hello FillB,

AFR for UFILE will be available at the next release of February 16, 2023. and the CRA website opens for EFILE/NETFILE on February 20, 2023.
However, The Auto-fill my return and Express NOA services will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 3, 2023, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 6, 2023, (Eastern Time).
**You can autofill but you cannot transmit until February 20, 2023

2 hours ago, Geo123 said:

Hello FillB,

AFR for UFILE will be available at the next release of February 16, 2023. and the CRA website opens for EFILE/NETFILE on February 20, 2023.
However, The Auto-fill my return and Express NOA services will be unavailable from 11:00 p.m. on Friday, February 3, 2023, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, February 6, 2023, (Eastern Time).
**You can autofill but you cannot transmit until February 20, 2023

there is no prompt check box to initiate autofill

image.png

• 2 months later...

Hello william123456780,

If the above message is appearing "... available for use as of Monday February 6, 2023"  you must update your UFile Windows software to the latest release.  

Please verify if the software is up to date.  The current version of UFIle is v26.21.

To verify Ufile Software version :

>>"? Help"   (upper right hand corner - top menu bar)

>>"About Ufile" >>Version 26.21

To update software :

>>Settings

>>Check for updates…

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/8/2023 at 3:30 PM, Geo123 said:

Hello degem,

The CRA website is open for AFR (AutoFill your Return) from February 6, 2023. The next UFile update will be on February 16, 2023. The CRA will open their website for the electronic transmission of tax returns on February 20, 2023.

Do I have to take out last years' Ufile's populated investment income list before I populate and make way for the new year's information?