Français

Entering stock option details

Nitam09

I exercised my stock options a couple of months after leaving my last employer in 2021. When I received my 2021 T4 from them, they didn't not include the value of the stock options in line 38 as expected (could it be because I exercised my options after I left?)

Trying to figure out the best way to declare the stock options in UFile in this case. Any guidance will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 4/1/2022 at 4:29 PM, Nitam09 said:

I exercised my stock options a couple of months after leaving my last employer in 2021. When I received my 2021 T4 from them, they didn't not include the value of the stock options in line 38 as expected (could it be because I exercised my options after I left?)

Trying to figure out the best way to declare the stock options in UFile in this case. Any guidance will be appreciated.

I’m in the same situation this year. How did you end up reporting this? 

Hello CASXGS,

You must then refile 2021.

UFile allows to ReFILE  your 2021 (and 2022 tax return) .

Note for the prior tax years you should make the adjustment: T1-ADJ

1)      If you tax return was successfully submitted, please go to « NetFile  » tab [5].

Click on "Federal submission" section. On the bottom of the page, click "Re-FILE".

NOTE: A new page "CRA ReFile" will appear in the left menu of the "Interview" tab.

2)      Select the section from the Left-side menu, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode".

Follow the instructions form the page.

NOTE: A new page "CRA ReFile" will appear in the left menu of the "Interview" tab.

Select the section from the Left-side menu, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode".

3)      Make the appropriate changes to your file.(same as in “normal” UFile)

**VERY IMPORTANT! ** You cannot update your marital status, address, direct deposit or email address by using the service ReFILE.  If you have split-pension you must mail it in using a T1 - ADJ. 

4)      Click "Review" tab, then click "NETFILE" tab.

Tick the box "I agree with the ReFILE Terms and Conditions and Private Notice".

Click "ReFILE my return now!".

-àFor Revenu Quebec same process applies but for Revenu Quebec ReFile

Note that cannot refile with Quebec until you have received your assessment

20 hours ago, Geo123 said:

Hello CASXGS,

You must then refile 2021.

UFile allows to ReFILE  your 2021 (and 2022 tax return) .

Note for the prior tax years you should make the adjustment: T1-ADJ

1)      If you tax return was successfully submitted, please go to « NetFile  » tab [5].

Click on "Federal submission" section. On the bottom of the page, click "Re-FILE".

2)      Select the section from the Left-side menu, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode".

Follow the instructions form the page.

Select the section from the Left-side menu, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode".

3)      Make the appropriate changes to your file.(same as in “normal” UFile)

**VERY IMPORTANT! ** You cannot update your marital status, address, direct deposit or email address by using the service ReFILE.  If you have split-pension you must mail it in using a T1 - ADJ. 

4)      Click "Review" tab, then click "NETFILE" tab.

Tick the box "I agree with the ReFILE Terms and Conditions and Private Notice".

Click "ReFILE my return now!".

-àFor Revenu Quebec same process applies but for Revenu Quebec ReFile

Note that cannot refile with Quebec until you have received your assessment

Thanks - If I need to refile multiple years do I need to wait for each year to be re-assessed before continuing to the next year? Or can I just go ahead and do both years?