Jump to content

Capital Losses for 2021


Recommended Posts

If you know the values, acb, disposition proceeds, costs of disposition if any and sale date, you can fill in a capital gains/loss form. Click Interview setup, go to Investment income and expenses, click on the blue arrow for Capital gains (or losses) and capital gains history, and click the + sign for Stocks, mutual funds ... . Fill that in and get rid of the T5008 if its in Ufile. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tend to delete the 5008s. You don’t need to include them in your return. As suggested by Curmudgen, just enter all the info on the gains/loss form. In many cases the ACB on the 5008 will not be correct. This is defiantly the case if you hold the same security in more than one unregistered account. The ACB has to be calculated across all the unregistered accounts, not account by account. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...