Français

Medical Expenses not spent in the calendar year

BLSM

I know medical expenses can be claimed for any 12 month period ending in 2021.  My year was Sept. 24, 2020 to Sept. 23, 2021.

I entered 2020 medical expenses in the interview, but realized AFTER I netfiled, that the program cut off all the expenses from 2020, which amounted to about 600.00!

I don't see anywhere that you put a start and end date, like you would when doing the paper form of medical expenses, so how do I make it accept my numbers?

Thanks, Brenda

ugh.  I found it, where you add the LAST DATE of medical expenses.  Without it, program assumes Dec. 31, and therefore did not include my late 2020 expenses.

Does that mean I have to go in and file an amendment?  Can I do that from Ufile, or do I need to sign in to CRA, or mail something in?

Thanks for any help.  I guess now, I have to check my two prior returns, since now I don't know if I did them right.

• 3 weeks later...

Update - 

I ended up going to My Account on CRA and just clicking on change.  All I had to do was enter the correct number in the spot and voila!

I changed both 2020 and 2021 at the same time, and was told my NOA would be ready and credit issued, within two weeks!  easy-peasy