Français

Charitable Donations.

melderang

• 11 months later...

Hello MaryEllen Gaudet,

In the left side menu under the fourth tab "Tax Return", you will find the document "Charitable donations (Federal)" generated by the program. This in-house form provides you with details pertaining to your donations, such as those carried forward from previous years, the total amounts of Canadian and American donations that are eligible for the tax credit for you and your spouse and, if applicable, the eligible donations for the Quebec tax credit.

The amount of the credit will be calculated in Schedule 9 of the federal return and will be reported on line 34900. For Quebec residents, the amount of the credit will be calculated in Schedule V and will be reported on line 395 of the provincial return.

• 10 months later...

Hello jsieben,

1 - On the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".
2- On the screen on your right, go to the "Common tax deductions" group, check the box for "Donations and federal political contributions" and then click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
3- Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Donations/political contributions" and in the screen on your right, click on the plus "+" icon to the right of the appropriate option. In general, the most common option would be "Canadian charitable donations (other than per T4 slips and other slips)".

4- On the page that appears, enter the relevant information about your donations.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Officer, I would appreciate it if I find donation, gifts section at U file. If there is not, could i enter my donation amount to Other Donation and Credit section at U file.  Also self employed section where do I enter 2023 self employed amount, I enter my GST registration number at U file. Thank you so much.