Français

Box 048 $value on T4A enter in 2 places??

Duane Smith

On the self-employment schedule did you enter the amount from Box 48 as Fees for services (T4A) only and no where else on that schedule? Also you need to open up a T4A and complete the data entry for Box 48. That T4A slip you need to enter does not carry over to the income statement. It is for information purposes only.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Same for me as Duane Smith stated: When I enter a value in T4A box 48 it adds it as net income on my tax return. The warning tells me to add it on the T2125 form Fees for services T4A box 48. But then it doubles the income on the tax return. Perhaps there is a bug here. I agree that T4A box 48 should be for information purposes only, but it's not.

Hello Rosa Hernandez,

(1.) T4A - T4A - Pension, retirement, annuity and other income Box 048

Go about half way down the page to >>Fees for services (report this amount as a T2125 - Business or Professional income) 048 QC

(2) T2125 – Business Income

You must also enter corresponding entry in T2125 >> Self-Employment Income:

T2125 - Business income OR T2125P - Professional income OR T2125C - Commission income

*Complete T2125 - Business identification

Name / Address / Fiscal Year (usually Jan 1 – Dec 31)

*Enter in Income/Expenses:

Business income: 

Fees for services (T4A Box 048) (Enter the total if you have more than one amount)

Enter any applicable expenses associated with this T4A Box 48

**do not enter in Gross sales, commissions or fees**

***Note For QC RL-1: Rl-1 Box G = RZ-RD Fees for services rendered ---> Same as Box 048

• 3 weeks later...

I do not understand the last explaination, ufile continues to double my income, did anyone figure this out?  I have the exact same problem, and followed the above noted instructions, and it still does not work.  Now I must go to HR Block because ufile is not working.  Please explain more clearly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, I have tried everything.  If you enter Gross sales, commissions, or fees (In my case real estate commissions) your income is doubled, if you leave it blank you can't file because of a negative amount where you are not allowed to have a negative.  I have used Ufile for years, but this may be the last year I use it.

Hello cdfrycdfry,

T4A and T2125 will not double the income if you enter for the relevant Box eg. Box 048.  Of note this is a CRA requirement, not UFile :

Self-employed commissions (T4A Box 020)
(Enter the total if you have more than one amount)
QC

Other income (T4A Box 028)
QC

Fees for services (T4A Box 048)     < - - - ENER HERE