Français

Need to confirm Spouse approved T2201 (Disability tax credit certificate) But no change to file status

PamH

blank.gifReceiving this error which is preventing the ability to file electronically.  "You have to confirm that CRA has an approved T2201 (Disability tax credit certificate) for the spouse on your account. Click here to fix."

I have clicked 'to fix' and confirmed that 'yes' CRA has an approved T2201 on file for spouse but there is no change in the file status. 

Please assist.

• 3 months later...

I had that problem, I tried everything! but what worked is I checked Yes for both mine and Spouse's "Does CRA have T2201 registered in account of your spouse?"

My spouse is NOT disabled but I checked Yes in my return and hers, and it worked.

In hers I said "Do not claim amount" and in the description of infirmity box I said "Spouse has..." and listed my illness.

CRA will figure it out, we aren't claiming T2201 for her so no penalty. 

Hello PamH,

If you have a spouse or common-law partner to whom you transfer the disability amount on his/her Schedule 2, you must answer the following question:

You have to confirm that CRA has an approved T2201 (Disability tax credit certificate) for the spouse on your account. Click here to fix

Does CRA already have an approved T2201 form registered in the account of your spouse or common-law partner?
>>>Answer YES  Because the Spouse gets the credit if the Family Head doesn't need amount  and the CRA  wants copy of the form

• 11 months later...

Trying to submit amended forms (the T2201 was just approved today) and I can't get either of these approaches to work in UFile 2022. No matter how I fill out the spousal declaration, it always tells me that there's a mandatory field missing (which it won't highlight for me). I think there's a bug with the 2022 software that needs to be fixed.

Thanks for any attention you can give this issue!